If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (478) 224-4148

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Avoid using Bleach to kill Mold

3/28/2018 (Permalink)

Most homeowners assume that when mold spores appear on your walls, you should clean the area with bleach. This is very wrong. Bleach mostly consists of water. Water encourages mold growth. In addition, by putting bleach on the microbial growth, it only takes away the coloration of the spot. This could be interrupted as the end of the mold growth. When mold spores are being removed, the person should kill the mold from the root. Bleach only removes the appearance of mold. Bleach is for any material that is hard or a non-porous surface. This being said, mold grows on surfaces that are considered porous. So when bleach is poured onto a moldy surface, it is absorbed very easily which leaves a residue on the surface that is like a welcome mat to mold. This results with microbial growth to increase rapidly. Overall, if you believe mold is growing in your home, don’t hesitate to call us for any tips on how to remove the mold in the proper way. If you want us to come out to your home, we will do that as well so we can make it look “Like it never even happened.” Call us at (478) 224-4148.

Other News

View Recent Posts